MADISON, Wis. - Madison police ticketed 35 drivers for failing to yield to pedestrians Tuesday as the Traffic Enforcement Safety Team spent time working in the 2400 block of Atwood Avenue near Ohio Street.
Tickets include a $240 fine and four points a driver's license.
Officers are reminding drivers about the importance of watching for pedestrians as back-to-school gets closer.
Officers will be looking for speeders Wednesday on South Pleasant View Road. Anyone going over 35 miles per hour could get a ticket.
The same monitoring is planned for Thursday in the 1400 block of East Johnson Street.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow