MADISON, Wis. - Madison police ticketed 35 drivers for failing to yield to pedestrians Tuesday as the Traffic Enforcement Safety Team spent time working in the 2400 block of Atwood Avenue near Ohio Street.
Tickets include a $240 fine and four points a driver's license.
Officers are reminding drivers about the importance of watching for pedestrians as back-to-school gets closer.
Officers will be looking for speeders Wednesday on South Pleasant View Road. Anyone going over 35 miles per hour could get a ticket.
The same monitoring is planned for Thursday in the 1400 block of East Johnson Street.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant