BELOIT, Wis. - A 44-year-old Beloit woman who was shot and killed in Sunday morning is identified as Jennifer Falcon, according to a release.
Around 6:30 a.m. Beloit police officers were dispatched to the area of Woodward and White avenues for reports of a person down in the street, officials said.
When they arrived officers found Falcon in the road with an apparent gunshot wound, according to the release. She was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville and pronounced dead the hospital.
The incident is still under investigation, but it does not appear that the incident was random, according to police.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River