BELOIT, Wis. - A 44-year-old Beloit woman who was shot and killed in Sunday morning is identified as Jennifer Falcon, according to a release.
Around 6:30 a.m. Beloit police officers were dispatched to the area of Woodward and White avenues for reports of a person down in the street, officials said.
When they arrived officers found Falcon in the road with an apparent gunshot wound, according to the release. She was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville and pronounced dead the hospital.
The incident is still under investigation, but it does not appear that the incident was random, according to police.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire