BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said a person who was discovered on a frozen retention pond Tuesday afternoon has been identified as Robert E. Freund, 51, of Beaver Dam.
Beaver Dam Police Chief Ronald M. Smith said in a statement said he does not feel that foul play was involved in the death of Freund, but that the investigation continues.
Investigators said the body was found in the 1600 block of North Spring Street. Freund was renting several storage units in the area. His vehicle was found running near one of the units.
The Dodge County Medical Examiner's Office performed an autopsy on Wednesday. Officials said the exact cause of death is pending toxicology results, which may take several weeks, but they do believe that hypothermia played a significant role in Freund's death.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK