BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said a person who was discovered on a frozen retention pond Tuesday afternoon has been identified as Robert E. Freund, 51, of Beaver Dam.
Beaver Dam Police Chief Ronald M. Smith said in a statement said he does not feel that foul play was involved in the death of Freund, but that the investigation continues.
Investigators said the body was found in the 1600 block of North Spring Street. Freund was renting several storage units in the area. His vehicle was found running near one of the units.
The Dodge County Medical Examiner's Office performed an autopsy on Wednesday. Officials said the exact cause of death is pending toxicology results, which may take several weeks, but they do believe that hypothermia played a significant role in Freund's death.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash