BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said a person who was discovered on a frozen retention pond Tuesday afternoon has been identified as Robert E. Freund, 51, of Beaver Dam.
Beaver Dam Police Chief Ronald M. Smith said in a statement said he does not feel that foul play was involved in the death of Freund, but that the investigation continues.
Investigators said the body was found in the 1600 block of North Spring Street. Freund was renting several storage units in the area. His vehicle was found running near one of the units.
The Dodge County Medical Examiner's Office performed an autopsy on Wednesday. Officials said the exact cause of death is pending toxicology results, which may take several weeks, but they do believe that hypothermia played a significant role in Freund's death.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth