JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville Police Department identified the body found in the Rock River Friday. An autopsy revealed it was Mary Coulthard. She went missing Friday, May 2nd and hadn't been heard from since.
According to police, the autopsy revealed drowning to be the cause of death. Police said Mary Coulthard's family has been notified. An investigation continues.
On Friday, the Janesville Police Department responded to a report that a body was found in the Rock River near the Monterey Dam.
A 15-year-old boy was fishing on the South bank of the river and reported he saw pants and shoes in the river and thought it was possibly a body.
Officers checked the area and located a body approximately 15 to 20 feet from shore.
Janesville Fire Department was requested to assist with recovering the body.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?