JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville Police Department identified the body found in the Rock River Friday. An autopsy revealed it was Mary Coulthard. She went missing Friday, May 2nd and hadn't been heard from since.
According to police, the autopsy revealed drowning to be the cause of death. Police said Mary Coulthard's family has been notified. An investigation continues.
On Friday, the Janesville Police Department responded to a report that a body was found in the Rock River near the Monterey Dam.
A 15-year-old boy was fishing on the South bank of the river and reported he saw pants and shoes in the river and thought it was possibly a body.
Officers checked the area and located a body approximately 15 to 20 feet from shore.
Janesville Fire Department was requested to assist with recovering the body.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors