JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville Police Department identified the body found in the Rock River Friday. An autopsy revealed it was Mary Coulthard. She went missing Friday, May 2nd and hadn't been heard from since.
According to police, the autopsy revealed drowning to be the cause of death. Police said Mary Coulthard's family has been notified. An investigation continues.
On Friday, the Janesville Police Department responded to a report that a body was found in the Rock River near the Monterey Dam.
A 15-year-old boy was fishing on the South bank of the river and reported he saw pants and shoes in the river and thought it was possibly a body.
Officers checked the area and located a body approximately 15 to 20 feet from shore.
Janesville Fire Department was requested to assist with recovering the body.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns