WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Authorities in suburban Milwaukee have identified the three children who died in a fire last week after being left home alone.
West Allis police said Monday the victims were 5-year-old Nayeli Colon and her 4-year-old twin brothers, Alexis and Adrian Colon. They were found dead after the fire broke out Thursday afternoon.
The mother was arrested on possible charges of child neglect and bail violations. Police have not released her name but they say she's cooperating with the investigation.
Police say the cause and origin of the fire are still being investigated. Authorities say no adult was home when the fire broke out.
The medical examiner's office hasn't released the children's cause and manner of death.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street