EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Eau Claire police have released the name of a 47-year-old woman found dead after a house fire Monday.
Police identify the victim as Cheryl Lechner. Autopsy reports said Lechner died of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the manner of her death has not been determined.
Officials responded to the fire call just before 1:30 p.m. Monday and found the woman. Attempts to revive her failed, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the woman was the only person in the house when emergency crews arrived.
The Leader-Telegram reported police are saying little about their investigation into Lechner's death.
Eau Claire police and firefighters were assisted Monday by the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry