CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - The Cross Plains Police Department has identified a suspect in connection with a sexual assault at a restaurant.
Cross Plains police said they have referred charges against Alejandro Gonzalez-Carmona, 23, of Cross Plains, to the Dane County District Attorney's Office. Police said they referred a charge of first-degree sexual assault.
Police said the charge stems from an investigation into an alleged assault that occurred Aug. 3 at Cinco de Mayo restaurant in Cross Plains.
Police Chief Thomas Janssen said other charges are a possibility as the investigation is ongoing.
Police said a woman was reportedly picking up takeout food at the restaurant around 9:40 p.m. Aug. 3. While she was waiting for her food, restaurant staff her offered a margarita, which she accepted and then quickly started feeling foggy in the head, according to a search warrant.
The victim told police a man who worked at the restaurant led her to a bed in a storage room, where he removed her pants and underwear.
The victim told investigators the man opened a condom package and then raped her, according to the search warrant.
A second man then entered the room and forced the victim to touch his genitals through his clothing, according to the warrant.
The warrant references three other employees of the restaurant who are alleged to have engaged in various sex acts with the victim, one by one.
Once the victim was left alone, she left the room, walked to the bar, paid for her food and left, according to the warrant. The alleged incident was reported to police on Aug. 6.
Investigators interviewed employees at the restaurant earlier this month and took evidence from the facility that will be processed at the crime lab.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes