TOWN OF ALBION, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Department said a man has died following a motorcycle accident on Highway 51 north of Edgerton late Wednesday night.
Deputies have identified the man as James E. Stout, 54, of Edgerton.
The incident happened just after 10:30 p.m. at Highway 51 and Albion Road.
According to the sheriff's department, Stout was going south on Highway 51 when he failed to negotiate a curve. Stout ran off the highway, hit a road sign and came to rest in a ditch next to the road.
Stout was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville, where he was pronounced dead. He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart