TOWN OF ALBION, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Department said a man has died following a motorcycle accident on Highway 51 north of Edgerton late Wednesday night.
Deputies have identified the man as James E. Stout, 54, of Edgerton.
The incident happened just after 10:30 p.m. at Highway 51 and Albion Road.
According to the sheriff's department, Stout was going south on Highway 51 when he failed to negotiate a curve. Stout ran off the highway, hit a road sign and came to rest in a ditch next to the road.
Stout was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville, where he was pronounced dead. He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry