BELOIT, Wis. - A man found shot to death on Beloit's northwest side is identified as Edward Damont Haley of Beloit.
Police were sent to the 2100 block of Newark Road just after midnight Friday to respond to a report of a man down in the roadway.
When officers got there, they found Haley, 36, suffering from gunshot wounds lying in the road. Haley was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Newark Road was closed to traffic between McKinley and Nye School throughout the morning.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need