BELOIT, Wis. - A man found shot to death on Beloit's northwest side is identified as Edward Damont Haley of Beloit.
Police were sent to the 2100 block of Newark Road just after midnight Friday to respond to a report of a man down in the roadway.
When officers got there, they found Haley, 36, suffering from gunshot wounds lying in the road. Haley was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Newark Road was closed to traffic between McKinley and Nye School throughout the morning.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs