BELOIT, Wis. - A man found shot to death on Beloit's northwest side is identified as Edward Damont Haley of Beloit.
Police were sent to the 2100 block of Newark Road just after midnight Friday to respond to a report of a man down in the roadway.
When officers got there, they found Haley, 36, suffering from gunshot wounds lying in the road. Haley was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Newark Road was closed to traffic between McKinley and Nye School throughout the morning.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms