BELOIT, Wis. - A man found shot to death on Beloit's northwest side is identified as Edward Damont Haley of Beloit.
Police were sent to the 2100 block of Newark Road just after midnight Friday to respond to a report of a man down in the roadway.
When officers got there, they found Haley, 36, suffering from gunshot wounds lying in the road. Haley was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Newark Road was closed to traffic between McKinley and Nye School throughout the morning.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart