MADISON, Wis. - Madison police have identified and are searching for a fourth suspect in an attack on Wisconsin running back Montee Ball.
Police said they are looking for Karlis D. Griffin, 27.
Police said Griffin has ties to Milwaukee and Chicago, in addition to Madison, but his whereabouts are unknown.
Police said Griffin, who is not a University of Wisconsin-Madison student, is the fourth and final suspect sought in the attack on Ball.
Anyone with information on Griffin's whereabouts is urged to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Three suspects have been arrested so far in the battery.
Twenty-one-year-old Wendell J. Venerable and 22-year-old Robert A. Wilks were each facing a single count of battery. They pleaded guilty and were accepted into the first-offenders program during plea and sentencing hearings.
A third suspect, Deonte Wilson, 21, is scheduled to make a plea next week.
The men are accused of attacking Ball in August as he walked behind two friends. They knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the head and chest, police said. Ball was left unconscious and with a concussion.
Ball has said he doesn't remember the attack and doesn't know why they jumped him.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart