JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police said five people were held on suspected probation violations after law enforcement conducted a round of alcohol compliance checks in Janesville Friday.
Janesville police Sgt. Aaron Ellis said in a release that the department and the state Department of Corrections visited 25 people on probation to determine if they were violating the terms of their probation by consuming alcohol.
Ellis said five people were arrested on suspicion of consuming alcohol against their probation terms. Four of the five individuals had histories of alcohol-related crimes, according to the release.
Police said three bars were suspected of operating without a licensed bartender but did not name the businesses.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire