JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police said five people were held on suspected probation violations after law enforcement conducted a round of alcohol compliance checks in Janesville Friday.
Janesville police Sgt. Aaron Ellis said in a release that the department and the state Department of Corrections visited 25 people on probation to determine if they were violating the terms of their probation by consuming alcohol.
Ellis said five people were arrested on suspicion of consuming alcohol against their probation terms. Four of the five individuals had histories of alcohol-related crimes, according to the release.
Police said three bars were suspected of operating without a licensed bartender but did not name the businesses.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks