SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Sun Prairie Police Department said Tuesday that it recently investigated a threatening statement made by a 17-year-old student at Sun Prairie High School.
Police said the statement referenced a shooting at graduation.
Police said they have worked closely with the Sun Prairie School District to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The 17-year-old who made the threatening statement is no longer at the high school, and the Sun Prairie School District has taken steps to keep parents and students informed of developments, according to a Sun Prairie Police Department news release.
Police said they have completed an investigation and the 17-year-old was referred to the Dane County District Attorney's Office with a requested charge of one count of disorderly conduct.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need