SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Sun Prairie Police Department said Tuesday that it recently investigated a threatening statement made by a 17-year-old student at Sun Prairie High School.
Police said the statement referenced a shooting at graduation.
Police said they have worked closely with the Sun Prairie School District to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The 17-year-old who made the threatening statement is no longer at the high school, and the Sun Prairie School District has taken steps to keep parents and students informed of developments, according to a Sun Prairie Police Department news release.
Police said they have completed an investigation and the 17-year-old was referred to the Dane County District Attorney's Office with a requested charge of one count of disorderly conduct.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart