MADISON, Wis. - Officers responded to reports of shots fired and a vehicle leaving Sunday morning on Madison's east side, according to a release.
Officers were dispatched to a Mobil gas station at 3019 E. Washington Avenue at 1:25 a.m., according to the release.
Police say they made a traffic stop and located a victim with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Officials say the victim was treated at a local hospital and was released.
According to the release, the investigation is ongoing.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert