MADISON, Wis. - Officers responded to reports of shots fired and a vehicle leaving Sunday morning on Madison's east side, according to a release.
Officers were dispatched to a Mobil gas station at 3019 E. Washington Avenue at 1:25 a.m., according to the release.
Police say they made a traffic stop and located a victim with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Officials say the victim was treated at a local hospital and was released.
According to the release, the investigation is ongoing.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire