MADISON, Wis. - Officers responded to reports of shots fired and a vehicle leaving Sunday morning on Madison's east side, according to a release.
Officers were dispatched to a Mobil gas station at 3019 E. Washington Avenue at 1:25 a.m., according to the release.
Police say they made a traffic stop and located a victim with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Officials say the victim was treated at a local hospital and was released.
According to the release, the investigation is ongoing.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program