MADISON, Wis. - Officers responded to reports of shots fired and a vehicle leaving Sunday morning on Madison's east side, according to a release.
Officers were dispatched to a Mobil gas station at 3019 E. Washington Avenue at 1:25 a.m., according to the release.
Police say they made a traffic stop and located a victim with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Officials say the victim was treated at a local hospital and was released.
According to the release, the investigation is ongoing.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River