MADISON, Wis. - A gunshot on Madison's north side prompted an apartment evacuation Wednesday night around 7:25, officials said.
Madison police said they responded to a report of a gunshot that went through the wall of 122 Kennedy Heights in the 100 block of Kennedy Road just off Northport Drive.
A woman and her children were inside the apartment when a bullet went through the wall, according to a release. Police believe the shot originated in apartment 125 in Kennedy Heights, an adjacent apartment.
A man and a woman were taken into custody at the scene and a gun was confiscated. Police said the shot was fired by accident and alcohol was a factor.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs