MADISON, Wis. - A gunshot on Madison's north side prompted an apartment evacuation Wednesday night around 7:25, officials said.
Madison police said they responded to a report of a gunshot that went through the wall of 122 Kennedy Heights in the 100 block of Kennedy Road just off Northport Drive.
A woman and her children were inside the apartment when a bullet went through the wall, according to a release. Police believe the shot originated in apartment 125 in Kennedy Heights, an adjacent apartment.
A man and a woman were taken into custody at the scene and a gun was confiscated. Police said the shot was fired by accident and alcohol was a factor.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire