FITCHBURG, Wis. - Police said a man suffered a foot injury after numerous calls of shots fired in Fitchburg on Friday afternoon.
Police from Fitchburg and Madison were called to the 2600 block of Post Road at about 1:40 p.m.
The Fitchburg Police Department said responding officers stopped a vehicle leaving the scene with a 21-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his foot inside.
Two other men in the vehicle were detained for questioning, police said.
The man with the injured foot was taken to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Police said two groups of men were fighting and both sides fired shots during the disturbance, then fled in opposite directions.
Multiple shell casings from different caliber handguns were found at the scene, the report said.
Police asked anyone with information regarding the incident to call 608-270-4300.27024544
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs