TOWN OF POUND, Wis. - Marinette County officials have provided new details about two fatal shootings in the Town of Pound.
Sheriff Jerry Sauve says 26-year-old Tyler Walk, of Marinette, was shot Monday night by 76-year-old Manfred Eisenheim, of Pound, who was then shot by deputies early Tuesday.
The Marinette Eagle Herald reports Walk was at a cabin Monday night when he called police to say someone was parked outside. He went outside in his vehicle, then said: "I think he has a gun." Dispatchers heard noises. Minutes later residents of a house nearby called to say a vehicle crashed into their garage. Walk was inside and had been shot.
Authorities eventually were led to Eisenheim's home, where he was shot by deputies after he pointed a gun at them. Three deputies are on leave pending an investigation.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement