TOWN OF POUND, Wis. - Marinette County officials have provided new details about two fatal shootings in the Town of Pound.
Sheriff Jerry Sauve says 26-year-old Tyler Walk, of Marinette, was shot Monday night by 76-year-old Manfred Eisenheim, of Pound, who was then shot by deputies early Tuesday.
The Marinette Eagle Herald reports Walk was at a cabin Monday night when he called police to say someone was parked outside. He went outside in his vehicle, then said: "I think he has a gun." Dispatchers heard noises. Minutes later residents of a house nearby called to say a vehicle crashed into their garage. Walk was inside and had been shot.
Authorities eventually were led to Eisenheim's home, where he was shot by deputies after he pointed a gun at them. Three deputies are on leave pending an investigation.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin