MADISON, Wis. - A 16-year-old boy punched a 15-year-old girl on a Madison Metro bus, breaking the girl's nose, Madison police said.
It happened Tuesday afternoon as the bus was traveling in the 5300 block of Retana Drive on Madison's far east side.
The boy, with whom the victim is acquainted, delivered a single blow to the victim, who also suffered a head cut, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The teens had been arguing before the violence, police said.
The victim was taken to a hospital, where she needed multiple stitches to close the wound.
The boy was arrested and taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on tentative charges of substantial battery and disorderly conduct.
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say