MADISON, Wis. - A girl who allegedly attacked another girl on a Madison Metro bus was later identified and arrested, according to Madison police.
A 15-year-old Madison girl told police she was punched in the face repeatedly, scratched, kicked and had her hair pulled during Tuesday evening's attack on a bus traveling on Gammon Road.
The alleged attacker was ordered off the bus hear West Towne Mall. Police said the victim was able to identify her and they later arrested a 14-year-old girl at her home.
The 14-year-old told police she believed the 15-year-old told a lie about one of her family members and decided to fight her when she saw her on the bus, police said.
The 14-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of a tentative charge of battery and disorderly conduct.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow