MADISON, Wis. - A girl who allegedly attacked another girl on a Madison Metro bus was later identified and arrested, according to Madison police.
A 15-year-old Madison girl told police she was punched in the face repeatedly, scratched, kicked and had her hair pulled during Tuesday evening's attack on a bus traveling on Gammon Road.
The alleged attacker was ordered off the bus hear West Towne Mall. Police said the victim was able to identify her and they later arrested a 14-year-old girl at her home.
The 14-year-old told police she believed the 15-year-old told a lie about one of her family members and decided to fight her when she saw her on the bus, police said.
The 14-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of a tentative charge of battery and disorderly conduct.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash