MADISON, Wis. - A girl who allegedly attacked another girl on a Madison Metro bus was later identified and arrested, according to Madison police.
A 15-year-old Madison girl told police she was punched in the face repeatedly, scratched, kicked and had her hair pulled during Tuesday evening's attack on a bus traveling on Gammon Road.
The alleged attacker was ordered off the bus hear West Towne Mall. Police said the victim was able to identify her and they later arrested a 14-year-old girl at her home.
The 14-year-old told police she believed the 15-year-old told a lie about one of her family members and decided to fight her when she saw her on the bus, police said.
The 14-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of a tentative charge of battery and disorderly conduct.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need