FITCHBURG, Wis. - Dane County deputies found an unresponsive man inside a home they were entering as part of search warrant Friday, according to a release.
Robert Bonner, 55, was found unresponsive inside 1906 Greenway Cross in Fitchburg, officials said. The search warrant was part of an ongoing heroin investigation involving Bonner.
Crews found Bonner lying on the floor unconscious when they entered the home, according to the release.
Officers began life-saving efforts, called EMS and Bonner was transported to University of Wisconsin Hospital, officials said.
Investigators seized several items of evidence related to the ongoing investigation.
According to the release, there were 21 heroin-related deaths in Dane County in 2012.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say