MADISON, Wis. - A Mount Horeb woman's stolen purse was returned after a credit card company reported her card had been used at a Park Street restaurant, officials said.
The woman was at a restaurant on West Mifflin Street having dinner with a friend around 10 p.m. Friday, according to a release. Her purse was hanging over the back of her chair and she didn't notice anything was wrong until her purse was gone.
The woman called her credit card companies to cancel her cards and one told her a card had just been used, police said.
Wallace J. Weaver, 40, of Middleton was located outside the restaurant on Park Street with the woman's purse and cellphone, according to the release.
Police said other items belonging to the woman, including stolen credit cards, were found scattered outside the restaurant.
Weaver was arrested on charges of misappropriation of personal identifying materials, forgery, resisting arrest, financial transaction card crimes/fraudulent use of financial cards and receiving stolen property.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says