BELOIT, Wis. - Two men were arrested after a drug investigation and search of a home in Beloit, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
The FBI assisted local law enforcement in the execution of a search warrant Monday at 1102 Sixth St.
Deputies said the two men in the home were taken into custody. Demetrious D. Broadwater, 43 and LaShawn D. Figgins, 42, both of Beloit, were arrested on suspicion of maintaining a drug house, possession with intent to deliver marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of a schedule II drug and possession of drug paraphernalia. Figgins was also arrested on suspicion of a probation violation.
Officers found 136 grams of marijuana, 20 acetaminophen and codeine tablets, drug paraphernalia and $650 in cash in the home, according to deputies.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?