BELOIT, Wis. - Two men were arrested after a drug investigation and search of a home in Beloit, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
The FBI assisted local law enforcement in the execution of a search warrant Monday at 1102 Sixth St.
Deputies said the two men in the home were taken into custody. Demetrious D. Broadwater, 43 and LaShawn D. Figgins, 42, both of Beloit, were arrested on suspicion of maintaining a drug house, possession with intent to deliver marijuana within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of a schedule II drug and possession of drug paraphernalia. Figgins was also arrested on suspicion of a probation violation.
Officers found 136 grams of marijuana, 20 acetaminophen and codeine tablets, drug paraphernalia and $650 in cash in the home, according to deputies.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue