MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they expect a relatively calm Freakfest this year.
State Street will be filled with all sorts of characters this Saturday as the Halloween celebration continues in downtown Madison.
Police said the number of arrests at Freakfest have gone down, and they are projecting a cost savings this year.
Streets, mainly Gorhman and Johnson, will close at 4:45 p.m. Saturday and will reopen at 2 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands