MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they expect a relatively calm Freakfest this year.
State Street will be filled with all sorts of characters this Saturday as the Halloween celebration continues in downtown Madison.
Police said the number of arrests at Freakfest have gone down, and they are projecting a cost savings this year.
Streets, mainly Gorhman and Johnson, will close at 4:45 p.m. Saturday and will reopen at 2 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks