MADISON, Wis. - After four days of searching, Madison police are ending the search for a Kaukauana man.
Family of Charles Geurts came down from the Fox Valley area Saturday to distribute fliers. Police said they went door-to-door in the neighborhoods of Waunona Way, Bridge Road, and Lake Point Drive.
Additional fliers were given out in the commercial area of Monona and South Towne mall area.
Police said they discontinued their search at sunset Saturday.
Geurts has been missing since early Wednesday morning.
Police asked residents in the Waunona Way area and along Lake Monona to check their property including exterior sheds, boat houses, etc., for Geurts or signs that someone may have been there recently.
Police said Geurts, 26, was last seen leaving the Sheraton Madison Hotel in the 700 block of John Nolan Drive at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday.
Geurts is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 180 pounds, and has blond hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and boots.
Police ask anyone with information or tips on the case to contact:
Madison Police Department
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry