MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was robbed early Friday morning in the 300 block of West Mifflin Street, according to a release.
Officials said the downtown resident reported a strong-armed robbery happened around 1:30 a.m. when she was walking and a stranger approached her.
The man demanded her valuables and kept a hand in his pocket, according to the release. The woman told police she believed he could be armed but she never saw a weapon.
Officials said the man fled with the woman's laptop computer and her wallet.
The robber is described as a white male, 6 feet tall, weighing 200 pounds, with an average build, brown eyes, brown ear-length hair, stubble on his face, and he had a deep voice. He was wearing a blue baseball hat with a white logo, baggy medium-wash jeans, sneakers and an over-sized gray pullover hooded sweatshirt.Madison crime map
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral