MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was robbed early Friday morning in the 300 block of West Mifflin Street, according to a release.
Officials said the downtown resident reported a strong-armed robbery happened around 1:30 a.m. when she was walking and a stranger approached her.
The man demanded her valuables and kept a hand in his pocket, according to the release. The woman told police she believed he could be armed but she never saw a weapon.
Officials said the man fled with the woman's laptop computer and her wallet.
The robber is described as a white male, 6 feet tall, weighing 200 pounds, with an average build, brown eyes, brown ear-length hair, stubble on his face, and he had a deep voice. He was wearing a blue baseball hat with a white logo, baggy medium-wash jeans, sneakers and an over-sized gray pullover hooded sweatshirt.Madison crime map
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program