MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on a fourth offense drunken driving charge after crashing his pickup truck into a tree Friday afternoon, Madison police said.
Madison police said they were called to the intersection of Pleasure Drive and Almo Avenue just before 2:30 p.m. for the crash.
A firefighter found an empty bottle of brandy inside the pickup truck's cab, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The driver, identified as Tracey C. Nelson, 50, of Madison, was arrested on charges of fourth OWI, failure to keep vehicle under control, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and operating after suspension, according to the incident report.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US