MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on a fourth offense drunken driving charge after crashing his pickup truck into a tree Friday afternoon, Madison police said.
Madison police said they were called to the intersection of Pleasure Drive and Almo Avenue just before 2:30 p.m. for the crash.
A firefighter found an empty bottle of brandy inside the pickup truck's cab, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The driver, identified as Tracey C. Nelson, 50, of Madison, was arrested on charges of fourth OWI, failure to keep vehicle under control, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and operating after suspension, according to the incident report.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program