MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on tentative drunken driving charges after fleeing a traffic stop Saturday night, Madison police said.
James M. McCullum, 32, fled from the vehicle he was driving after being pulled over in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue just before 10 p.m., according to a release.
McCullum was chased down by officers and taken into custody near the 900 block of Fair Oaks Avenue, police said.
He was arrested on a warrant out of Jefferson County and on tentative fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, speeding and resisting or obstructing charges.Madison crime map
- RV catches fire on interstate
- Flu season starting early in Wisconsin
- Garbage fire extends to home and attic
- Man shot at East Washington Ave. gas station; 1 detained, police say
- Man found passed out in running vehicle faces 7th OWI
- 15-year prison sentence for man convicted of killing couple in Hwy. 30 wreck