MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on tentative drunken driving charges after fleeing a traffic stop Saturday night, Madison police said.
James M. McCullum, 32, fled from the vehicle he was driving after being pulled over in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue just before 10 p.m., according to a release.
McCullum was chased down by officers and taken into custody near the 900 block of Fair Oaks Avenue, police said.
He was arrested on a warrant out of Jefferson County and on tentative fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, speeding and resisting or obstructing charges.Madison crime map
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees