MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on tentative drunken driving charges after fleeing a traffic stop Saturday night, Madison police said.
James M. McCullum, 32, fled from the vehicle he was driving after being pulled over in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue just before 10 p.m., according to a release.
McCullum was chased down by officers and taken into custody near the 900 block of Fair Oaks Avenue, police said.
He was arrested on a warrant out of Jefferson County and on tentative fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, speeding and resisting or obstructing charges.Madison crime map
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land