MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man was arrested on tentative drunken driving charges after fleeing a traffic stop Saturday night, Madison police said.
James M. McCullum, 32, fled from the vehicle he was driving after being pulled over in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue just before 10 p.m., according to a release.
McCullum was chased down by officers and taken into custody near the 900 block of Fair Oaks Avenue, police said.
He was arrested on a warrant out of Jefferson County and on tentative fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, speeding and resisting or obstructing charges.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK