MADISON, Wis. - A Middleton man was arrested in his third O.W.I. offense after pulling into, and parking on the wrong driveway in Madison's west side.
According to a report, the owner of a home on the 2000 block of Whitney Way called police early Friday morning after noticing a idling minivan parked on his driveway with two men inside.
It took officers nearly five minutes to wake the men in the vehicle, according to the report. Officers began talking with the driver, John M. McGarrity, 32, who said he and his friend were drinking in Middleton the night before and were currently on their way home. Both live in Middleton.
According to the report, officers asked McGarrity how they ended up on Madison's west side. He replied that he didn't know and said, "I don't even know where we are."
McGarrity was arrested on his third O.W.I. offense.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash