MADISON, Wis. - A Middleton man was arrested in his third O.W.I. offense after pulling into, and parking on the wrong driveway in Madison's west side.
According to a report, the owner of a home on the 2000 block of Whitney Way called police early Friday morning after noticing a idling minivan parked on his driveway with two men inside.
It took officers nearly five minutes to wake the men in the vehicle, according to the report. Officers began talking with the driver, John M. McGarrity, 32, who said he and his friend were drinking in Middleton the night before and were currently on their way home. Both live in Middleton.
According to the report, officers asked McGarrity how they ended up on Madison's west side. He replied that he didn't know and said, "I don't even know where we are."
McGarrity was arrested on his third O.W.I. offense.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire