MADISON, Wis. - A suspected drunken driver nearly pinned a police officer between his van in a parked car as police were investigating a hit-and-run crash, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Sebastian C. Taylor, 46, of Madison, drove away from Metro Market on Cottage Grove Road after his van struck a parked car Friday evening. Officers arrived to investigate the hit-and-run crash when the van returned. Taylor was asked to put his van in park and instead put it in reverse and nearly pinned an officer between the van and a parked vehicle, according to the release.
A woman riding in the van told police that they came to the store to buy dog food, but left following the crash. She said they when they realized they had forgotten the dog food they returned to the store not knowing the police had been called.
Taylor was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment, hit-and-run, operating while revoked, and third-offense operating while intoxicated.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue