MADISON, Wis. - A Madison Water Utility employee was injured Saturday night after being hit by a suspected drunken driver while repairing a water main break, according to a release.
The employee was part of a crew fixing a water main break on the South Stoughton frontage road around 11:40 p.m. near the Dean Clinic, officials said.
Another employee noticed the vehicle heading toward the MWU vehicle and warned the man, according to the release. He was able to jump to the side and avoid a direct hit, but he did suffer a fractured leg.
MWU spokeswoman Amy Barrilleaux said in a release, "The worker is in the hospital but is doing well."
Patrick G. Klitzman, 50, was arrested at the scene on charges of causing injury while operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.Madison crime map
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood