MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say a 25-year-old man faces numerous charges after he allegedly hit three parked cars while driving drunk on the city's east side early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened in the 200 block of Swanton Road just after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, several callers reported hearing a crash on Swanton and a dark colored SUV leaving the scene. Police arrived to find three parked cars struck by the SUV.
Police followed the trail of leaking fluid from the SUV for several blocks and found Aurelio Morales-Lopez inside the car.
Morales-Lopez faces charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (first offense) along with failure to leave his name at the scene of an accident.
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run