MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say a 25-year-old man faces numerous charges after he allegedly hit three parked cars while driving drunk on the city's east side early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened in the 200 block of Swanton Road just after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, several callers reported hearing a crash on Swanton and a dark colored SUV leaving the scene. Police arrived to find three parked cars struck by the SUV.
Police followed the trail of leaking fluid from the SUV for several blocks and found Aurelio Morales-Lopez inside the car.
Morales-Lopez faces charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (first offense) along with failure to leave his name at the scene of an accident.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program