MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 17-year-old driver was arrested on a charge of failure to render aid after colliding with a motorcycle and leaving the crash scene.
The victim, a 46-year-old man, was driving his motorcycle southbound on Packers Avenue about 3:45 p.m. Saturday.
Victor G. Abong, 17, of Madison, was driving his vehicle northbound on Packers Avenue and turned left onto Darwin Road, colliding with the victim's motorcycle after failing to yield, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said Abong did not stop and continued on westbound on Northport Drive.
The victim was transported to a hospital with what appears to be non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Madison police said Abong returned to the scene more than an hour later and was taken into custody on a charge of failure to render aid.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK