JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested on several charges, including ninth offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated, following a domestic violence incident Saturday evening, Janesville police said.
Janesville police responded shortly after 6 p.m. to a domestic-related disturbance at a home in the 100 block of Royal Court.
Police said the suspect, identified as Shane Allen Clark, 39, was making threats toward his girlfriend over the telephone.
Information was gained during officers' initial contact at the home indicating the suspect was driving in the area of Palmer Park and possibly armed with a weapon, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
An officer located the suspect at South Main Street and Clark Street driving in a vehicle. The officer initiated a traffic stop on Tyler Street and South Garfield Avenue, and the suspect stopped on Tyler Street at Sharon Avenue, police said.
Police said Clark appeared intoxicated and was taken into custody and transported to the Rock County Jail on charges, including disorderly conduct while armed -- domestic violence and operating while intoxicated -- ninth offense.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline