NAKOOSA, Wis. - A Stevens Point man was in Adams County Jail Thursday after police said they found him hiding in the woods near a house that had been burglarized.
At about 7 a.m. Thursday, the Rome Police Department responded to a report of a residential burglar alarm on Akron Drive.
Officers at the scene said a back door to the home on the 900 block was open but no one was inside, according to the report. The house had been burglarized, police said.
A turkey hunter told officers he saw a man in a blue-and-white jacket hiding in the wood near the house.
According to the report, Rome police were aided by the Adams County sheriff's K9 unit. The police dog found the suspect about a quarter of a mile southeast of the home, police said.
Police took Dean P. Shibilski, 42, into custody without incident at about 9:25 a.m., the report said.
Shibilski was taken to Adams County jail on suspicion of burglary, bail jumping, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rome police were also joined by the Wood County Sheriff's Department, Wisconsin Rapids Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol on the investigation.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion