DARLINGTON, Wis. - The Darlington Police Department is asking for the public's help in locating a missing 14-year-old girl who they believe might have left the state with a man.
Police said Adriana Andrade has been missing since early Monday morning.
According to police, the investigation revealed she likely left Darlington willingly with a 22-year-old acquaintance, identified as Marcos Mermudez-Sanchez. Police said he's suspected of interference with custody of a child.
"Even though she may have went with him willingly, it's concerning being we don't know whether there was any type of intimidation or coercion to get her to go, and the reality is she's a 14-year-old girl whose parents did not consent for her to leave our community, and so the family is obviously concerned about her well-being," said Darlington Police Chief Jason King.
The vehicle likely used in this case was a maroon 2000 Chevy Blazer with Wisconsin registration 389-UWM, according to the Darlington Police Department.
Police said all attempts to reach either of the two subjects by family and authorities have been unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Darlington Police Department at 608-776-4981.
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers