MADISON, Wis. - Police said the man suspected of robbing an east Madison credit union Wednesday had gotten into a cab and was arrested about 45 minutes after the robbery.
The Madison Police Department said a man passed a note to a clerk at the Dane County Credit Union on East Washington Avenue around 4:40 p.m.
The robber then fled with an undisclosed amount of money. Credit union staff members were able to provide a good description of the robber, which was relayed to Madison Metro and local cab companies, a standard procedure, police said.
Police said a man matching the robber's description had gotten into a cab and was dropped off on the 4700 block of East Washington Avenue.
Michael Tomasetti, 45, of Rhinelander, was arrested after running out a back door, according to a news release.
Police said some of the stolen cash was in his pocket and some was tucked in the elastic band of his underpants.
Tomasetti was arrested on suspicion of robbery.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets