TOWN OF PARIS, Wis. - A Dickeyville man was severely injured in a single-vehicle crash that sent his car airborne on Highway 151 Saturday night, officials said.
Grant County deputies responded to reports of a single-vehicle crash on Highway 151 near Airport Road in the town of Paris around 11:40 p.m., according to a release.
Shelby Blindert, 38, was traveling northbound on Highway 151 when he drifted off the east side of the road and hit a metal guardrail, officials said. Blindert's 2000 Hyundai Elantra left the northbound lanes and went into the media where the vehicle bottomed out and went airborne over the two southbound lanes.
Blindert's vehicle then hit a concrete barrier on the west side of the southbound lanes, according to the release. The vehicle sustained severe front-end damage and was towed from the scene.
Blindert was transported to Finley Hospital in Dubuque for severe but non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
Police said they discovered Blindert was impaired by alcohol during the investigation.
Blindert was arrested on charges of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, driving without wearing a seat belt and operating a motor vehicle without insurance. He was released to a responsible party at the hospital due to the severity of his injuries.Hwy 151 near Airport Road in Grant County
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?