MADISON, Wis. - The couple involved in the violent home invasion on Feb. 23 sent a message to the Madison community through the Madison Police Department.
They want the community to know that mom, dad, and baby are healthy and doing as well as can be expected. The husband and wife sincerely appreciate the genuine kindness extended to them by the many good people of this community, according to the release.
"It has been healing to hear supportive and compassionate sentiments, and they would be willing to receive continued communication of this nature," the couple said in the release.
They are not requesting monetary contributions and have not authorized any initiatives of this nature.
If you would like to pen a card or letter of support, there is now an address to which correspondence can be sent: Friends of Quincy Avenue, c/o Luther Memorial Church, 1021 University Ave., Madison, WI 53715.
The City of Madison Police Department released the statement March 21.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees