MADISON, Wis. - Two 12-year-olds were confronted at gunpoint by police and cited for carrying fake guns around an east side neighborhood Monday afternoon, according to a Madison police report.
Around 4:40 p.m. Madison police were dispatched to the area of Hob Street and Camden Road for a report of two young boys wearing masks and armed with handguns, police said.
Officers confronted the boys at gunpoint, and they surrendered their handguns, according to the release.
Police said the fake guns had orange tips that had been painted black to give the impression that they were authentic handguns.
Both 12-year-olds were cited for unlawful possession of a fake gun, and were released to a responsible adult.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says