MADISON, Wis. - Two 12-year-olds were confronted at gunpoint by police and cited for carrying fake guns around an east side neighborhood Monday afternoon, according to a Madison police report.
Around 4:40 p.m. Madison police were dispatched to the area of Hob Street and Camden Road for a report of two young boys wearing masks and armed with handguns, police said.
Officers confronted the boys at gunpoint, and they surrendered their handguns, according to the release.
Police said the fake guns had orange tips that had been painted black to give the impression that they were authentic handguns.
Both 12-year-olds were cited for unlawful possession of a fake gun, and were released to a responsible adult.Madison crime map
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes