WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Police have revised the number of victims found after a West Allis house fire to three.
Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release preliminary information indicated four victims inside the home. But Padgett said at this point, rescuers confirm three.
Because of the home's structural instability, rescuers are unable to safely reach all areas inside the home.
Ages and names of the victims are under investigation along with the cause and origin of the fire.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns