WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Police have revised the number of victims found after a West Allis house fire to three.
Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release preliminary information indicated four victims inside the home. But Padgett said at this point, rescuers confirm three.
Because of the home's structural instability, rescuers are unable to safely reach all areas inside the home.
Ages and names of the victims are under investigation along with the cause and origin of the fire.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral