JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police agencies will conduct rapid response training at a church in Janesville on Monday and Tuesday, according to the Janesville Police Department.
The rapid response training at Emmanual Church, at 4224 Whilden Ct., will take place between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day.
The training is aimed at preparing police for an active shooter situation. No live ammunition will be used, but police said they'll be using blank rounds that could sound like live rounds.
Police from Janesville, Jefferson, Whitewater, Delavan and the Rock County Sheriff's Office are all participating.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race