JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police agencies will conduct rapid response training at a church in Janesville on Monday and Tuesday, according to the Janesville Police Department.
The rapid response training at Emmanual Church, at 4224 Whilden Ct., will take place between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day.
The training is aimed at preparing police for an active shooter situation. No live ammunition will be used, but police said they'll be using blank rounds that could sound like live rounds.
Police from Janesville, Jefferson, Whitewater, Delavan and the Rock County Sheriff's Office are all participating.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says