MADISON, Wis. - A Christmas present was the source of a domestic violence incident, according to Madison police.
Authorities were called to an apartment building on the 1700 block of Onsgard Road on Madison's northeast side on Dec. 23 just before 10 p.m.
Officers spotted Paul Horne, 23, running away and refused to stop when ordered by police.
Police said Horne was battering a 30-year-old woman and witnesses heard Horne mention a gun during the confrontation.
Police learned the fight started allegedly over the fact that the victim was shopping too long and bought the wrong Christmas gift.
Officers recovered marijuana, ammunition and a 12-gauge shotgun.
Horne faces charges of possessing a firearm by a felon, possession of THC with intent to deliver, battery and disorderly conduct.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash