BELOIT, Wis. - Town of Beloit Police Chief Steven Kopp is appealing to the town board to revoke a strip club's liquor license.
The Silver Slipper Saloon and Gentlemen's Club was the site of a January shooting and more than 70 disturbances have happened there in two years.
Kopp said he's concerned things could get worse since the club is in a residential neighborhood.
Kopp said police have reached out to the owner, but any changes the club has made haven't made a difference.
"It's not our position or the town's position to force them to take adequate measures to control the behavior of their patrons. They should want to do that on their own, and apparently there's no interest in that," Kopp said.
Kopp said most of the problems happen at closing time. He said police have reached out to the owner, but any changes the club has made haven't made a difference.
WISC-TV's calls to the owners of the Silver Slipper Saloon weren't returned Wednesday.
The suspension or revocation hearing is scheduled for Monday morning.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall