MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they're again using an unmarked squad car, known as the Shadow, to enforce traffic laws on the Beltline.
The police officer driving in civilian clothes was on the West Beltline Tuesday morning and was looking for unsafe driving behaviors. The officer radios other officers to make traffic stops.
Thirteen citations and five warning were issued over two and a half hours Tuesday. Police said one driver caught going 80 mph said he was speeding because all the traffic was making him mad.
Police expect to use the Shadow over the coming months, especially on the West Beltline.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer