TOWN OF FENNIMORE, Wis. - A 9-year-old boy died Sunday after falling off an utility task vehicle, according to a release.
Officials responded to the town of Fennimore around 2:49 p.m. Sunday after hearing reports that a child fell off a UTV and fell underneath a running lawn mower, according to the release,
Officials said an investigation revealed that Steve Lendosky, 39, of Fennimore, was operating a Polaris Ranger in rural Fennimore and had three children riding in the back of the UTV.
Lendosky was pulling a brush hog type mower that had its motor running, according to the release.
Derek Lendosky, 9, stood up in the back of the UTV to grab a walnut off a tree, fell off and went under the mower, according to the release.
Officials said Derek Lendosky was declared dead at the scene.
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old