WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials are investigating a death in the city of Watertown on Friday.
Watertown police Chief Tim Roets said in a statement that police and fire departments responded to a report of an unresponsive person found in a vehicle at 607 S. Church St. in Watertown at 9:03 a.m.
Efforts to revive the person were unsuccessful and the person was determined to be deceased, according to the statement.
Roets said the police department is conducting a death investigation and an autopsy is pending.
The identity of the deceased was withheld pending notification of the family, police said.
Police would not say if the death investigation is related to the case of a missing woman.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land