WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials are investigating a death in the city of Watertown on Friday.
Watertown police Chief Tim Roets said in a statement that police and fire departments responded to a report of an unresponsive person found in a vehicle at 607 S. Church St. in Watertown at 9:03 a.m.
Efforts to revive the person were unsuccessful and the person was determined to be deceased, according to the statement.
Roets said the police department is conducting a death investigation and an autopsy is pending.
The identity of the deceased was withheld pending notification of the family, police said.
Police would not say if the death investigation is related to the case of a missing woman.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday