WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials are investigating a death in the city of Watertown on Friday.
Watertown police Chief Tim Roets said in a statement that police and fire departments responded to a report of an unresponsive person found in a vehicle at 607 S. Church St. in Watertown at 9:03 a.m.
Efforts to revive the person were unsuccessful and the person was determined to be deceased, according to the statement.
Roets said the police department is conducting a death investigation and an autopsy is pending.
The identity of the deceased was withheld pending notification of the family, police said.
Police would not say if the death investigation is related to the case of a missing woman.
- First responders, hotels team up to provide emergency lodging
- Body found in Interstate Park was missing Oakdale kayaker
- Black Friday Black Business Expo
- Experts predict record turnout for Black Friday
- Edgewater Hotel hosts annual tree-lighting ceremony
- More roadkill on the road? Officials are adjusting to new system