Madison police responded to a fight at the 5700 block of Raymond Road just after 11:04 a.m. Friday. The fight possibly involved an ax, according to Madison Police.
A large number of people were involved in the disturbance, according to police. One suspect was identified as Junella Jackson, 34. Jackson allegedly pepper sprayed another suspect identified as Gerald Jones, 32, after, Jones allegedly attempted to punch Jackson's brother James Jackson, 41.
During the fight, Jackson took an ax from a home and chased Jones, according to the report. Police did not recover an ax but located a stick that may have been used during the incident. The incident allegedly occurred over an unpaid debt, according to the police report.
James Jackson was taken into custody on charges of disorderly conduct while armed. His sister, Junella Jackson was taken into custody on disorderly conduct. Gerald Jones was taken into custody on disorderly conduct.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls