MADISON, Wis. - Police asked for the public's help Wednesday identifying a man from a surveillance image of a convenience store robbery last month.
The 7-Eleven at 2703 W. Beltline Highway was robbed by an armed man Sept. 5 shortly after 5 a.m., police said in an earlier news release.
Madison police shared a photo of a man -- who appeared to be wearing white and black shorts, a dark T-shirt and a red hat -- standing in the doorway of the 7-Eleven with an arm raised pointing what looks like a handgun. His face was covered with a type of fabric or cloth.
A police dog was brought to the scene to track the robber but no one was found.
The man is described as black, 6 feet 2 inches tall, with a medium build.
Police asked anyone with information on the identity of the robber to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire