MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are asking for the public's help in identifying a woman suspected of stealing another woman's wallet.
The incident happened just before 1 p.m. last Friday as the 69-year-old victim shopped at St. Vincent de Paul, 1309 Williamson St.
Police said the thief stole the victim's wallet from a cart.
Following the crime, the thief used the victim's debit card to withdraw cash from an ATM located at a Monona Walmart, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspected thief.
Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say