BELOIT, Wis. - Monday, police arrested Michael A. Kane, the Beloit man who ran from officers while in handcuffs last week.
The Beloit Police Department said Kane was taken into custody around 12 p.m. at a residence in the 1200 block of 10th Street after they got information on his location from a citizen.
Last Thursday, Kane was taken into custody for a probation violation. Kane was handcuffed and taken to the city of Beloit Police Department, on State Street, at about 3:40 p.m.
Police said while Kane was in the department's garage area, prior to being taken to the prisoner holding area, he ran.
Kane was arrested Monday for a probation violation and new charges of felony escape and theft, police said. His criminal history involves property crime and illegal narcotics.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire