BELOIT, Wis. - Monday, police arrested Michael A. Kane, the Beloit man who ran from officers while in handcuffs last week.
The Beloit Police Department said Kane was taken into custody around 12 p.m. at a residence in the 1200 block of 10th Street after they got information on his location from a citizen.
Last Thursday, Kane was taken into custody for a probation violation. Kane was handcuffed and taken to the city of Beloit Police Department, on State Street, at about 3:40 p.m.
Police said while Kane was in the department's garage area, prior to being taken to the prisoner holding area, he ran.
Kane was arrested Monday for a probation violation and new charges of felony escape and theft, police said. His criminal history involves property crime and illegal narcotics.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski