MANITOWOC, Wis. - Police said an officer making a traffic stop in eastern Wisconsin found an intoxicated driver behind the wheel -- and she was just 13 years old.
They say five other juveniles, 14 and under, were along for the ride.
Authorities say the officer stopped the vehicle in Manitowoc shortly before midnight Wednesday because its headlights were off. Police Capt. Larry Zimney told WOMT radio that the girl was arrested and later released to her mother.
Police said one of the juvenile passengers was taken to the Sheboygan County juvenile detention center because of a pending court order.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005