MANITOWOC, Wis. - Police said an officer making a traffic stop in eastern Wisconsin found an intoxicated driver behind the wheel -- and she was just 13 years old.
They say five other juveniles, 14 and under, were along for the ride.
Authorities say the officer stopped the vehicle in Manitowoc shortly before midnight Wednesday because its headlights were off. Police Capt. Larry Zimney told WOMT radio that the girl was arrested and later released to her mother.
Police said one of the juvenile passengers was taken to the Sheboygan County juvenile detention center because of a pending court order.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer