MANITOWOC, Wis. - Police said an officer making a traffic stop in eastern Wisconsin found an intoxicated driver behind the wheel -- and she was just 13 years old.
They say five other juveniles, 14 and under, were along for the ride.
Authorities say the officer stopped the vehicle in Manitowoc shortly before midnight Wednesday because its headlights were off. Police Capt. Larry Zimney told WOMT radio that the girl was arrested and later released to her mother.
Police said one of the juvenile passengers was taken to the Sheboygan County juvenile detention center because of a pending court order.
- Best of Madison 2017
- Fate of the historic Monterey Dam is still up for discussion
- Taking time off, staying close to home is beneficial to work, life, expert says
- DCHS partners with other shelters to rescue 49 dogs from former breeder
- Delays expected on Beltline during daytime lane closures, DOT says
- Police find shell casings, property damage on west side